By Sue Prom, angler & BWCA outfitter, Boundary Waters Blog Lady
TOP 6 fishing tips for walleye:
- Fish in the BWCA! It’s the best place to be in the state
- Fish at night or early in the morning- walleye are nocturnal
- Fresh line 6-8lb test- walleye have sharp teeth
- Fish where the wind is pushing the baitfish- the walleye will be in feeding
- Live Bait if you can- minnows early spring, leeches in the early summer and crawlers in late summer.
- Don’t spend too long in one spot, if you’ve been there 30 minutes then switch spots, the walleye aren’t there.